1.01.2009

Happy New Year!

It's 2009. Brand new year. Fresh, clean, slate.

I feel the winds of change blowing and I think they're sending me in a positive direction. Yes. Finally.

The little dude and I had a great day today. Build-A-Bear, Starbuck's, and painting. He's still pretty excited about seeing The Tale of Despereaux yesterday as well, which is cool. I hope when he's a little older he'll be interested enough to want to read the book - right now it's a little above keeping his interest. The worst part for me was dropping him off. It's too quiet and too clean without him around. Such is life, but I'll look forward to when he's back. :o)

I also took pics today. Going to Build-A-Bear made it pretty easy, but I really need to keep it up for tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that. Like I said a couple posts prior, my goal for 2009 is to take a photo, any photo, every day. I'm thinking I'll create a special blog just for that. Details to follow.

Yeah, I know I still need to move the 'thinking out loud' stuff too. I'm working on it. For that one I want to have the domain name first. I have a domain pointing here - www. scrappingviolet.com. You can still get to it via the blogger address, but it's nice that the domain works too. I've had it for a couple of years. Had grandiose designs for it too. Finally gave it up, killed the hosting, and pointed the DNS here. :o)

I keep thinking of an old M.A.S.H. episode that was about NYE - Col. Potter was dressed up like Father Time and giving a toast to the 4077th as they ring in 1952 and hoping 'may she be a damn sight better' than the previous year. Well I have the same sentiment for 2009 and have very high hopes that it's a damn sight better than it's predecessor. For everyone. May you all find your joy in 2009, and if you've found it, may it sustain throughout the coming year and years to come.

No comments: