10.13.2008

I am...

... a night owl. I stay up way too late (as evidenced by the timestamp on this post). But it's all good. sometimes it takes the silence of the wee hours of the morning to get my brain working. The creative juices flowing.

... a geek. And damn proud of it. It's OK to be a geek. It's OK to be smart. Geeks are sexy. Unleash and embrace your inner geek!

... a word nerd. Words fascinate me. Their meanings. Their origins. Their usage. I love to paint pictures with words.

... an artist. I channel my inner-muse almost daily. I love to play with color and texture and light and dark and shape and contrast. I tell stories with color and shapes.

... loving my naturally curly hair. I have always had a love/hate relationship with my hair. But for some reason it just seems to suit me now. It's long enough to where the curls don't look stupid. And since I am growing it out, the curls help hide the 'awkwardness' of the current growing stage. I've even taken back my darker hair color. Yes, it's still out of a bottle, but no more pesky roots to worry about. And I love it.

... embracing change. Usually change bugs the shit outta me. Not that I'm someone who hates change, mind you. Just some sorts of change make you feel shaky. I'm now confident enough in the changes this year to have the confidence to press on.

... comfortable in who I am.

... wondering if this blog needs a splash of orange or gold.

... so grateful for my friends. This year has been a huge learning experience for me in terms of the friendships I've forged. I've had to do some housecleaning of those who weren't good for me. But in exchange, I've gained some amazing new friends. And reconnected with some wonderful people from my past. The existing bonds of friendship have grown stronger and I am so blessed to have these people in my life. Past, present, and future.

... at peace with the choices I've made in my life. I do not need to justify my actions now or then to anyone.

... appreciative of you. Know that.

... finding my voice again.

... excited for tomorrow. And the day after that. And the day after that.

... who I am.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

:)

And I tagged you in my blog. :) So's ya know.