5.17.2008

I just am.

Today I just am.

Today I am content. Content to be me. Take me or leave me.

Today I looked frickin' fabulous in a t-shirt that hasn't looked right on me in YEARS. Today I also chucked a t-shirt that didn't look good on me then and still doesn't look good on me now. Clearly me and that shirt are just not meant to be.

Today my skin looked great (for a change) and my hair did too. Even though all it's wanted to do the past two days is curl. Instead of fighting it, I used it to my advantage. It's so much easier to embrace the freckles and the curls and work with them rather than fight them.

Today I laughed. So much.

Today I sang Beach Boys and Beatles tunes at the top of my lungs while in the car. With the sunroof open. Didn't give a crap who heard me. Thankfully my son isn't at that stage where he wants to bury his face in shame. Yet. The 60s channel on XM rocks. As does my iPod tunez selection.

Today I watched two favorite movies and laughed even harder at them than I did the last time I watched them.

Today I finished that damned painting. I like it.

Today I also realized I'm out of canvas. Must go buy more tomorrow.

Today I thought of someone. Just a little bit.

Today I made some decisions. Good ones.

Today I changed a few things. For the better.

Today... I just am. :o)

2 comments:

Lee said...

I agree: It's so much easier to embrace the freckles and the curls and work with them rather than fight them. And I appreciate the reminder :) Glad all is going well!

Menjiness said...

Good for you! It sound like a great day!!!!