10.28.2006

Snip-Snip!

Before any of you regular readers freak out, no, nobody around these here parts got the big V done. At least not to my knowledge anyway...

No, I did the "unthinkable" again, at least in the minds of some women. I decided to take matters into my own hands and gave the ol' mop a little snippety-snip-snip. I did this once before this past summer when I grew increasingly displeased in the way my super-cute, messy-flippy 'do was growing out. I had this longer part in the back that seemed to take on a life of its own and grow out into this mullet/Carol Brady looking thing. It looked weird. Unnatural. Just plain ick. So one fine day after getting out of the shower, I took my trusty and always-sharpened sewing scissors and did a little snip-snip action. Hubby helped too. Looked great. Saved me $60 in going back to the salon to have the ol' 'do trimmed and re-shaped.

This time the front of my head was what was troubling me. It looked like total crap. Long, layered bangs in my face. When not in my face the whole thing just looked bad. So once again, I grab my trusty, nice and sharp sewing scissors and did a little snippety-snip again. I look tons better, if I do say so myself. Yes, I could have made an appointment to take care of this. But I'm trying to grow this stuff out. I've sported a super-cute A-line type cut the past year or so, but now I long to be able to pull it back in a ponytail and not be forced to do my hair every single day. So for now it will suffice, but I'm fully aware I'll need to go in for a trim and a re-shape within the next few weeks. Until then, I look damned cute.

Oh, and as a PSA to those of you considering an A-line, or are newly A-lined, once you get the A-line, you must commit to the A-line. Seriously. Growing them out is a bitch! Especially if you're impatient like me!

1 comment:

Martha said...

My worry is always whether Salon Lady will notice that I did a home improvement/emergency intervention during the interim from cut A to cut B? Usually she does...because I don't use the oh so very sharp scissors. You'll have to let us know if he/she notices...