10.05.2006

And now for something profound

Well, maybe not. But I need to post something new so folks don't think I'm mad specifically at them when I'm really not. Of course it'd be silly of me to post something snarky about someone who regularly reads here. Not to mention incredibly rude. I was just mad at the situation, and I'm now over it. Well, at least until someone makes me mad again...

It's October. I can't believe it. What the hell happened to August and September? And July for that matter! It's Fall. Not like you'd know it. It was 80 frickin' degrees outside today. Apparently someone didn't get the memo that it's October and it's supposed to be like 60 degrees with a nice bite of chill in the air so I can wear my new sweaters! Halloween is just a few weeks away and we gotta get a pumpkin (or two, or three, or four) fast because apparently there's some pumpkin fungus in this year's crop that makes the pumpkins rot from the inside out. Blecch! Now I'm all for "deformed" pumpkins because you can make some killer looking scary pumpkins, but that's just gross.

Of course the fact that it's October 5th (a mere 45 minutes away from the 6th) means that the clock is ticking. I need to get the house decked out for All Hallow's Eve, and figure 0ut what we're wearing to Mickey's Halloween Treat next Friday. I can't wait. I want us to go as a family of skeletons, but finding skeleton attire has proven to be a wee bit difficult. I need to come up with something cool, that won't be a complete pain an hour into the event. I guess now's as good a time as any...

How's that for a profound post?

No comments: