4.29.2007

Springtime in the Rockies has arrived!

And so have my allergies. Ah well. It's worth it to have warm, sunny days and wear lighter clothing. After a few weeks of unseasonably cold and wet/snowy weather, this weekend's sunshine and warmer temperatures have been a welcome change. I spent the weekend in capris and tank tops. I enjoyed my anniversary dinner (4 years!) all the more being able to go in my favorite sleeveless top and light pants. Of course today I felt like absolute crap, but to me it was worth it to enjoy dinner at the Melting Pot!

I'm hoping the weather carries through the week. It's always nice to work with the window next to my desk open and allowing in a nice breeze and fresh air.

Warmer weather also means I can start plotting out my garden. Allergies or none. This year I'm going to stick to my Italian & salsa garden of Anaheim, New Mexico, Big Jim, and Poblano chiles, tomatillo, Early Girl, Roma, and a few heirloom varieties of tomato, and probably some green bell peppers. I'll also have my standard herb garden of rosemary, chives, thyme, mint, oregano, cilantro, basil, tarragon, dill, and maybe I'll try growing garlic again. My chives from last year came back (yay!) as did the oregano. I think the tough winter zapped my rosemary, so I'll have to re-plant. Over the weekend we picked up some chili pepper plants, two rosemary, and a tomatillo plant to start. You really only need one tomatillo. They grow quickly and spread out fast, yielding more tomatillos than you can shake a stick at! I made the silly mistake of planting two a few years back. Boy, did those suckers get big and I had husky-covered, green fruit all over the place because I couldn't keep up with the harvest. The best part will be roasting the chilis on our new grill! Can't wait!

In the meantime, I'm scratchy and sniffly. Well worth it to enjoy nice weather and the return of green!

No comments: