11.08.2005

T-Minus 3 Days and Counting...

Three more days. Three more days until my last day at my job. I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. One box has already been packed and taken home. I think the rest can fit into a small bag since it's just photos, small decorations, and things like that.

Layoffs are always a huge bummer, for most anyway. Mine was a bit of a surprise, but it wasn't like I didn't kind of see it coming. I learned so much at this place and gained so much experience during the time I was there. I wore many hats, so it's been a bit of a challenge deciding what I want to do next. I also want to make sure I don't land at a place that pidgeon-holes you and you only do what you're hired to do and don't even think about branching out. My biggest thing is I want to make sure I keep moving forward and don't take steps backwards. My director, who is a phenomenal person, encouraged me down a program/project management path and I'd like to continue down that path.

I keep applying for things that interest me, make contacts, stuff like that. Of course part of me just wants to hang out and enjoy the holidays and just pick it back up again in January! :-)

No comments: